Monday, December 05, 2005

Offline

I'm out of comission for a while. Too much excitement. My younger daughter has been dancing in a ballet and we've had floor sanders working on the ground floor of my house. All my stuff is dislocated. We're living in the kitchen, at least when the polyurethane odor isn't too bad. Unfortunately, we've uncovered some fundamental problems with the floor which need to be addressed. No time like the present. I'm posting from the library right now.

One really exciting aspect of our banishment to the kitchen is that we share it with all the furniture from the dining room. The big oak computer credenza and the diningroom table are all in there. Unfortunately, I broke the wheels off the computer credenza while moving it. It weighs in at about 400lbs, so it'll be interesting when I have to move it back. My friend and I moved the piano to the porch. That was a chore. One hopes that middle C will still be somewhere between B and D after we move it back.

I'll post when I can.

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, December 06, 2005 8:10:00 AM, Blogger mal said...

oh Wow! good luck with it and my sympathies. We have one bathroom gutted and the kitchen/entry way being reworked,....what joy....and what were we thinking?

 
At Tuesday, December 06, 2005 10:28:00 PM, Blogger Frank Warner said...

So this is for a dance floor?

 
At Friday, December 09, 2005 9:07:00 PM, Blogger jj mollo said...

Frank,

It took long enough, and I'm sure my younger daughter will think it's a dance floor, but the two events are unrelated. I've just been a little busier and more discombobulated than usual.

 
At Tuesday, December 13, 2005 12:42:00 AM, Blogger Frank Warner said...

Congratulations on completing your mission!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home