Book List – The Saga
My life is way out of control. Just to give you a little insight, the following books appear on the back of my bed:
- 1,000 Ways to Checkmate by Fred Reinfeld
- Chess Rules of Thumb by Albert & Lawrence
- The Game by Laurie R. King
- Economics by Samuelson & Nordhaus
- The Complete Art of War by Sun Tzu & Sun Pin
I am currently reading none of them, though I have read chunks of all and may do so again.
On my chair by the bed are the following books and other items:
- Darwinism and Its Discontents by Michael Ruse
- The Language Instinct by Steven Pinker
- Global Brain by Howard Bloom
- The Lucifer Principle by Howard Bloom
- A+ Certification by Myers and Acuña
- The Forgotten by Faye Kellerman
- The New Testament and Psalms in English and French
- S is for Silence by Sue Grafton
- Biking shorts
- An issue of Science News
- A combination lock that glows when you spin it
- Various unfinished newspaper puzzles
- Various bills and receipts
- A cost list for shelving
- A bank statement
- The envelope for a Starbucks giftcard
- A grocery list from last month
I am currently reading or using all of them in some fashion except The Lucifer Principle, which I have finished and intend to read again.
On the window sill I have stacked 8 piles of books, approximately 3 feet high. I have been on Amazon three times this week.
Eventually we will have a party or something, then I will carry everything up to my office and leave it there until I think of it again. By the way, I don’t use my office for anything except storage. I have been wondering whether to call a structural engineer.
12/21/2006 2:10 PM