Poems for a Hurricane
Frank Warner has a poetry post. He inspired me to write my own. Read the comments too.
- If you have some time to spend,
- take St. Charles to the end,
- past all the Muses as it clacks along.
- The levee stops it like an interrupted song.
- Climb up top, it may be hard to do.
- The top is wide – a field or two.
- A good place to walk, but no one to see.
- I remember being lonely.
- The wind can be cold. You even get some snows
- and northern slush to soak your shoes and toes.
- I can’t imagine though,
- the kind of thing to break it.
9/14/2005 1:58 AM