Monday, January 01, 2007

One by One

I’ve decided as one of my New Year’s resolutions that I should post at least five times a week.

The reason that I haven’t is not really a lack of desire, or lack of time, or a lack of ideas. Quite the contrary, I suffer from an excess of interests and topics that I would like to discuss. Call it process lock, or mental page-thrashing. I read once that some people have difficulty with decisions and that the cure is to set a priority scheme. E.g., first, you choose as you read. Left first, top first, age before beauty, alphabetically, then flip a coin. If nothing else works, ask a friend to pick.

Maybe that could work for some things, but my problem isn’t a shortage of decisions, but an excess. I decide to write about each thing I come across, and each item pushes the stack one deeper. To know me, you wouldn’t believe it, but I have entirely too much enthusiasm about every thought that crosses my mind.

So what’s the cure? I’m open to suggestions, but here’s my plan for now: I’m going to write about the books I’m reading, one chapter at a time. If I get a post done, then maybe I’ll work on something else.

1/1/2007 11:14 PM

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, January 02, 2007 12:04:00 AM, Blogger Barefoot Domestic Goddess said...

Wow, that is my problem as well. I think you hit the reason on the head for me. I am going to shoot for five times a week, but, maybe three would be more realistic to start. Good luck! I will check back to see how you do.

 
At Tuesday, January 02, 2007 1:16:00 AM, Blogger jj mollo said...

Thanks for your support.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home