Friday, April 28, 2006

Publius Derides A Kleptocrat

Publius Pundit has two posts beating up on Hugo Chavez. I consider this fine sport. People should know by now that Marxism leads to terrible things on a fairly predictable basis. The first article makes a prediction that Chavez' attempt to conquer Peru will backfire. The second describes the impending economic disaster in Venezuela's oil industry. For one thing, Publius claims that oil production in Venezuela is down sixty percent! Actually below quota. Check it out. I'm in love with his masthead by the way.

4/28/2006 6:59 PM

2 Comments:

At Sunday, April 30, 2006 1:37:00 PM, Blogger Steve said...

I really don't know what to believe about Chavez other than that he's certainly no dummy. My impression is that Chavez is not personally corrupt.

I thought Chavez' "rancid oligarchs" was a brilliant meme. Having grown up in Guatemala, I felt I understood exactly what he was referring to, and immediately concluded that unless someone killed him, Chavez would be around for a long time.

Something tells me that still holds, for better or worse.

 
At Wednesday, May 10, 2006 9:03:00 PM, Blogger jj mollo said...

I don't know either. I do know that he is an aggressive, charismatic leader. Latin America has had its economic problems. I'm not inclined to blame the US and the IMF for these problems, as he is. If he keeps going back to the people in something resembling an honest election, then more power to him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home